market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] dream tiller

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kelly Saxer" <kellysaxer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] dream tiller
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:22:42 -0700

I'm with you, "TxBeeFarmer"! I have a Woods 3 point tiller that I used for a couple years before I just got sick of it. All it took was one big rock to put the thing out of commission for a while until I could come up with the money to take it in for repair...then there's the maintenance (oil, etc.). Everytime I used it, I just kept saying under my breath "please don't break, please don't break"...:) Also, I didn't have good luck using it to till in leftover stalks, etc. Things like vines, bean plants, etc. just get wound up in the tines. So, I've completely retired my tiller in lieu of a Gearmore offset disc (which is 3 point). It tears through anything, digs down as deep as the tiller ever did, and after several passes it smooths out the soil well enough for me to use my bedshaper.

Just my opinion...

Kelly
Desert Roots Farm
Queen Creek, AZ