market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] basil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kelly Saxer" <kellysaxer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] basil
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:05:53 -0700

Our basil usually hangs on until the night-time temps drop down into the 40s (mid 40s is probably all that well-established basil can handle). My experience is that basil doesn't really show "signs" that the temps are getting too low for it...instead, you just walk out one morning and find that all the basil has turned brown - that's your sign. :)

Kelly
Desert Roots Farm
Queen Creek, AZ