market-farming - [Market-farming] Fall sales slump

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Adriana" <adriana AT chefsgreens.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Fall sales slump
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:25:03 -0500

Allison,

The big competition for almost every activity this time of year is college football! Given that football is as important as religion in our state I don't think most farmers have a chance :>)

We notice that market traffic drops about the time school starts - 2nd
week of August here. Vendors also have production drop the first of
September - which exacerbates the problem. I wish we had an answer, but
in over 12 years of marketing at Farmers' Markets, it doesn't seem to
change.

Adriana