market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] GAPs mandatory - respond please

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: road's end farm <organic101 AT linkny.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] GAPs mandatory - respond please
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:19:48 -0400

First I've heard of this being mandatory.

Your second Cornell link didn't work. I can't find anything at the first site about either mandatory training for farmers or any scheduled workshops for farmers in NY.

They scheduled a day-long workshop in the middle of July? Is this a good time for growers in New Mexico? Here we keep trying to get them to schedule things in the winter, though they don't always listen.

And I strongly suspect that most of the time at a day-long workshop would be wasted for small growers who don't work with large crews.