market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] GAPs mandatory - respond please

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] GAPs mandatory - respond please
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:28:16 -0400

Is this a national program? I ask because this is the first I have heard of this. The ODA has made no mention of it to me (and they send me things all the time so I know I am on their radar as a producer grower). I have heard of no classes to take or any of that.

Boy it sounds like the big boys really want us little folks to go out of business.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH
http://boulerbelt.blogspot.com

TradingPostPaul wrote:

"On May 31 the USDA Agriculture Marketing Service announced that growers
will have to receive GAP certification as well by July 1, 2007".
paul, tradingpost AT riseup.net

http://www.gaps.cornell.edu/

http://www.gaps.cornell.edu/pubs.html