market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] blister beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "Steven Moize" <Shady_Grove_Farm AT msn.com>, market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] blister beetles
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:15:18 +0000

Hi Steve, I found out that as nymph stage bugs they are good bugs. But the
havoc they wreaked in the garden as adults far outweighed any good they did
while young. I've never seen anything like it before in my life - it was
truly shocking! How do they manage to go from Dr. Jeckle to Mr. Hyde in my
garden, but not in yours? LOL. It was more than crop damage, it was crop
annilhiation. I just can't see a way to peacefully coexist with them at all.
But maybe this was an anomoly (can't spell it so it looks right), because
I've never seen them before and lots of others are beginning to say the same
thing - they aren't a usual pest in their gardens either. Wonder what
happened to make them change thier tactics?

Roxann
www.ozarkmusings.blogspot.com