market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] PVC Ez-up anchors

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Wendy & Randy Gray <hoemangray AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] PVC Ez-up anchors
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:07:32 -0400 (EDT)

Shelly - this may be too late...but, I've used the PVC method and it does work, but it puts a lot of pressure on the canopy itself.  And, the ones my husband made were about 3 1/2' tall and I had to drag or roll them and getting them into the van was a trick!

We switched to weights made of concrete in a 5 gal. bucket filled half full (take it out of the bucket when set).  You put a handle to carry it in and two screws that fit the bottoms of the canopy, then add bolts and you're set. I like these, still heavy, but easier to use, makes the canopy a  bit taller (for flowers that's ok) and they don't take up as much room in the van. The canopy also doesn't go anywhere since the weight is closer to the ground.  With the PVC weights it still "walked" about a foot on windy days!  We too sometimes get 50 mph gusts...but that is why the windsurfers like our area.

Good luck,

Wendy in OR