market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Egg question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Egg question
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 07:32:52 -0500

I think the problem the inspector is having relates to not having a way to monitor and/or maintain the "proper" temperature over an uncertain amount of time away from a powered cooler. He's treating it as a perishable food like sandwiches with mayonnaise. As we all know, eggs are just fine without refrigeration. Oh sure, refrigeration will extend the shelf life from a few weeks to a few months, but that's only important to food storage facilities. I'd be willing to bet this inspector has little or no life experience (city slicker), is relatively new as an inspector, and is simply going by what was taught in inspector school. We call them 90 day wonders. It's difficult to reason with such people and they often take it as an affront to their authority. Best bet is to just smile, say thank you, and get a 12v cooler at Wally World in the sporting goods section. It saddens me that such people are in charge of our lives, but most of us wouldn't think of having such a job.

TxBeeFarmer
West Texas Zone 7b