market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cougar sound device

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cougar sound device
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:32:43 -0500

> Is that device still working? We're about ready to plant some
> "deer-candy" in our fields and that device sure would be cheaper than
> fencing them out.

So far, so good. I've had one out for what? A couple of months? I
had one or more deer in the area only one night. That I can tell. I
planted pinto beans to lure the deer, but they got frozen back and then
I replanted. The replanted pintos are just emerging.

I just received four more of the noise makers. The first one is the
smaller model, the new four are larger.

Only time will tell, but I'm proceeding as if they work.

Here is where you can buy directly from the maker:
http://www.freewebs.com/walnut_creek_enterprises/

He take PayPal, which I much prefer to credit cards.

He also has some solar drier plans that are enticing. Wish I could
just buy an assembled solar drier.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.0/GNU/Linux system uptime 24 days 23 hours 20 minutes