market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 39, Issue 12

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 39, Issue 12
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:43:37 -0700 (PDT)

> Have a pretty bad mouse/vole problem in our hoophouse that has cukes and
> zuke planted in it.
>
> Any suggestions that do not involve poison?
>
> Lucy Goodman
>
> You could try the old world mouse trap that we discovered at a Canadian
cabin on Kokanee Glacier. It was simply a bucket full of water with a
piece of heavy string strung across the top. A piece of cheese (or
peanut butter) was stuck in the center of the string. The mice go for
the bait and fall into the water and drown. It works amazingly well.
The only bummer is if they stay in the water too long they swell like
balloons and are fairly gross.

  • Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 39, Issue 12, sora, 04/12/2006