market-farming - [Market-farming] Mice in hoophouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Mice in hoophouse
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:11:34 -0400

Have a pretty bad mouse/vole problem in our hoophouse that has cukes and zuke planted in it. Today they ate about 15 zuke plants while we were just outside planting lettuce. We have put mouse traps in but the bait apparently is not as tasty as the seedlings. We did put pieces of drip tape around the stems hoping that would keep them from being able to eat the seedlings.

today we removed the row covers hoping that this would mean less cover. We do not have any cats currently that will venture out to the market garden but we do have a dog that is interested in digging up[ the rodents in the hoophouse.

Any suggestions that do not involve poison?

Lucy Goodman