market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] To List or Stay Flat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MARK A. ABNER" <wizard1 AT kih.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] To List or Stay Flat
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 10:53:52 -0400

Plant it flat unless your ground is low and wet the only reason for putting
pumpkins in riased ridges would be for extra drainage in wet areas if your
soil is dry the roots of the plants will dry out a lot faster in beds and
die in short order. I lost an entire planting of mellons last summer when
it turned dry and the mellons were in ridges with no irrigation I tilled
the ridges flat and replanted and even though it was late for mellons they
did much better and I got a reasonable harvest from the vines.

Mark

BriarPatch Farms
Ritner KY zone 6

The