market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Energy conservation in greenhouses / hoop houses

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sam White <cedarrockcsa AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Energy conservation in greenhouses / hoop houses
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:52:16 -0800 (PST)

Good info, Steve. Thanks.

We built our 20 x 48 greenhouse perpendicular to our
cattle barn. We took 50 gallon plastic drums and make
a tube from the barn's exhaust fan into the
greenhouse. We now have 50 degree air going into the
greenhouse. Keeps it from freezing, but I do want to
work on something to make it warmer.

Sam

http://www.plasticulture.org/history/energy_purchase.gif