market-farming - [Market-farming] deer deterent

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Liz Pike <strawbry_wine AT yahoo.com>
  • To: MF <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] deer deterent
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:21:37 -0800 (PST)

I'm about to go and purchase this device on the
recommendation of our extension agent & the folks who
sell it. They swear by it's effectiveness.

http://www.woodcreekfarm.com/index.asp?page=ProductDetails&Item=40304

We're having voracious deer problems in our
now-cleared-to-eat-and-linger-in blueberry plot. Half
to 3/4 worth of this year's crop is gone...which isn't
too much of a disappointment because the bushes needed
pruning anyway and they could seriously use time off
from production to focus on root development and bush
growth. But I don't want the deer developing bad
habits nor spreading the word of future feasts. Has
anyone used this device?? I've been spraying homemade
hot pepper stuff which works when it doesn't get
rained or snowed off but it's labor intensive and
annoying to cook up.

Liz Pike
Hillsville VA