market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse plug trays search - injection molded, aka Winstrips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse plug trays search - injection molded, aka Winstrips
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:48:48 -0600 (CST)

From: john good <goodfarmers AT enter.net>
Date: Thu Feb 09 16:08:37 CST 2006
To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: [Market-farming] Greenhouse plug trays search - injection molded,
aka Winstrips

Hello,
I am looking for some sturdy injection molded plastic greenhouse trays. We
have used Winstrips in the past, and really like them, but they are sold out
of the 72s and 162s and do not necessarily expect to have more this season.
We will be raising all our own vegetable transplants for our CSA farm, and
would like to use 50s, 72s, and 162s or thereabout. We especially like the
air-pruning offered by Winstrips, but we would also consider closed trays.
Also, we are not in using/making soil blocks. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!
John & Aimee Good
Quiet Creek Farm
1996 Folk Rd.
Fogelsville, PA 18051
goodfarmers AT enter.net
610-285-4678

John&Aimee, I use T.O. Plastics 38 and 50 cell propagation trays and also TLC
50 cell trays. They are quite rugged and will last 5 years or more and cost
around 60 cents each. You can get them from Griffin in Morgantown and from
Nolt in Leola PA....Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

  • Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse plug trays search - injection molded, aka Winstrips, sunnfarm, 02/10/2006