market-farming - [Market-farming] Refrigeration units

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Refrigeration units
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:00:39 EST

We bought ours at restaurant auctions in the business section of the newspaper.  When these restaurant's go broke there is almost always an auction for the equipment that they have bought, and the lender will have an auction to sell off the equipment.  Our last cooler was a freezer so I got our local refrigeration man to convert it to a cooler.  At auction we gave $800 for the complete unit ( 8X16) and it cost 200 to move and another 400 to convert to cooler from freezer. 1400 total.

Phil