market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Refrigeration help

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sean Albiston <lab AT physics.umn.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Refrigeration help
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 07:52:13 -0600

Mark, I installed a homebrewed cooler in a 1964 airstream camper. I used a Kold Pak side mount packaged refrigeration unit. The cooler box was constructed using 2" extruded foam sheeting metal framing and polymax sheathing (Item# XR1030) from FarmTek as a liner. Pretty simple and cheap compared to used walk-ins. Do a search for packaged refrigeration to find a vendor in your area.
http://www.koldpack.com/refrigeration.htm

sean albiston

I really need to build one ASAP for the coming year, before the other work around here starts. If you're up to a few questions I have a couple. First one is - what do you use to cool it. I've heard that a regular air conditioning unit won't get cold enough, but what should I use? I'd like to get as close to freezing as I can.
Two - how do you keep the humidity up?
I really need to get this thing going. Answers and ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
TxBeeFarmer
Mark (West Texas - Zone 7b)