market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmers' Market NonProfit Statis

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <txbeefarmer AT hotpop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmers' Market NonProfit Statis
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:57:31 -0600

More details? Yes, please do.

Thanks
TxBeeFarmer
Mark (West Texas - Zone 7b)

On 2/5/2006 12:44:58 PM, jbd3 AT direcway.com wrote:
The Franklin
Farmers' Market in Franklin, TN is a Tennessee Non-Profit
Corporation. Since I'm
on the board, I should be more knowledgeable about
how and why we got our non-profit status, but
I'm not. Someone else on the
board and our lawyer dealt with the IRS, so I'm
limited on what I can tell
you. In our Charter, it says our purpose is:
"to better conditions of those
engaged in agriculture and horticulture by providing a venue of marketing &
promoting agricultural interest by providing home grown products to the
local consumer."
As to why we did this, I believe the primary reason was to
enable fundraising. If you would like more details, I could check with
the
president of our board.

John Drury
Fresh Harvest Co-op