market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse toms in container culture

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse toms in container culture
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:58:09 -0500

Peter - Do you have any idea of what the proportions of your container mix are? WIll it have enough punch to get you through the season. I've been hearing such ghastly stories about how wide and deep a tomatoes roots are, and yet, like you, I've seen wonderful plants growing in half-whiskey barrels...between the two exhaust ports of the local Texaco, as a matter of fact.

I'm just wondering what you're doing with that mix. Thanks -Allan