market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Economics- sustainable ag?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Andrew R. King" <andrew.king2 AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Economics- sustainable ag?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:35:52 -0500

Reading what you write it seems market farmers are providing a good income to those who sell seeds, green houses and farm equipment. You are providing your communities with delicious, healthy food. However your emails would lead one to say, market farming is not a viable economical model.

I would like to ask a question. Would you call begging a sustainable occupation? There were beggars in the bible and there are beggars on the streets of our cities today.

Based on your emails, you have ideas that will make you more efficient. I hope by rethinking both production and distribution practices we can make market farming a viable economical model.

Andy King

Sunflower King's Farm

Trumbauersville, PA