market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bed Shaper

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bed Shaper
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:39:10 -0600

> it doesn't make the best planting surface at the top of the bed. The soil
> it throws to the top of the bed is often uneven and sometimes a little
> clumpy. As a result, my seeder can't run smoothly along the bed top and
> I'm
> not getting the germination rates that I'd like to. I work by myself and

That was exactly the trouble I had endured for years before I had my
bed smoother built. I was using a pair of tool bar mounted PlanetJrs.
Best results were obtained several weeks after bed building when be
beds had settled some and maybe gotten a rain. Aside from the lost
time, the weeds got a head start on the crop.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.0/GNU/Linux system uptime 22 days 1 hours 29 minutes