market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Help...Whiteflies!!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kelly Saxer" <kellysaxer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Help...Whiteflies!!
  • Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:05:52 -0700

Hi Chuck,

You pegged the source of my whitefly problem EXACTLY! I have a HUGE cotton field (non-organic, of course) right next door to me so the flies didn't even have to travel far. While they continue to grow cotton next door I'm pretty sure this problem will repeat itself again next year unless I can come up with some way to lessen their effect. I've realeased a TON of lacewings into my fields and have started using Agroneem on everything that the whileflies are attracted to. So, I'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks,

Kelly