market-farming - [Market-farming] RE : Keeping greens fresh and unwilted

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Juanita Garcia" <nitag AT ev1.net>
  • To: "Market Farming Newsletter" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] RE : Keeping greens fresh and unwilted
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:01:30 -0500

In addition to Willie's good suggestions, I offer the following:

I pack my rinsed greens in plastic and then pack that into a cooler; I
also place only a few bunches out on display, I put the stems in a bit
of water, and I also keep a spray bottle filled with fresh clean water
handy. Whenever they start to look a bit wilted I give them a good
spritz all over to perk them up. I've had success with this even in the
face of a warm dry breeze. They don't last forever, but it does help.

Juanita Garcia
Garcia Eggs & Herbs
Leander TX

  • [Market-farming] RE : Keeping greens fresh and unwilted, Juanita Garcia, 10/12/2005