market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] getting a new farm insured

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Brigette Leach <avalonfarmshomegrown AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] getting a new farm insured
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:49:05 -0400

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

Lucy, I'm going through the same thing right now. I'm trying to expand my
small farmstand business by selling to restaurants and grocery stores.
They require $1million liability coverage, and my farmowners insurance
won't cover it. My agent said that last time she got a quote for that kind
of coverage, it was $5000/year. How do people do it? I grow good produce
and I just want to sell it. Why is it SO hard?.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Cowbridge Farm