market-farming - [Market-farming] why the sudden interest in squash blossoms?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] why the sudden interest in squash blossoms?
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:15:25 -0400

does anyone know why the sudden increased interest in squash blossoms. We're a CSA and over the past decade we get asked occasionally for blossoms..

However, this year almost a dozen shareholders have asked. It is extremely seldom that this sort of sudden interest happens without a cause

My thoughts are that there must have been an article(s) somewhere to stimulate this sudden interest. When I ask the shareholders about it, they act as though they have always wanted them.

Maybe some character in a tv show or movie was eating squash blossoms and it served as an unintended subliminal ad.

Be that as it may, I think I might grow a batch of Costata Romanesco Zucchini next year. I haven't grown them for half a dozen years now but they do have nice blossoms.

Leigh

  • [Market-farming] why the sudden interest in squash blossoms?, Leigh Hauter, 07/17/2005