market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] hornworms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Errol Castens" <castens AT peoplepc.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] hornworms
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:03:56 -0500

bacillus thuringiensis -- "Bt". Comes in a liquid or dust; I prefer liquid. It's cheap, harmless to anything but caterpillars (which are what tomato worms and tomato hornworms are) and extremely effective for several days unless washed off. One brand name is Thuricide.

errol castens
Oxford, Mississippi
Zone 7 -- and rolling in ripe tomatoes right now