market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Baby Spinach pricing?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Baby Spinach pricing?
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:35:04 -0500

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 02:27:50PM -0400, tonitime AT juno.com wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've begun to market my produce, and have been thrilled with people
> enjoying it around here! If any of you sell ready-to-eat Baby Spinach
> leaves, what are you charging for it? How much in each bag? I am
> growing things (very smalltime) that folk cannot readily buy in our area,
> so no way to check much at stores for pricing (there is little vegie
> diversity around here).

During the season, I sell washed spinach in 10oz bags. It might be
called "baby" in the early part of the season. For several years we
have gotten $1.25 from grocery stores and retailed it at farmers
markets mostly for $2, early in the season for $2.50 or even $3.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Linux system uptime 332 days 1 hours 40 minutes