market-farming - [Market-farming] RE: Pole Beans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Stephanie Nosacek" <breezynosacek AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] RE: Pole Beans
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 12:28:15 -0400

I prayed for fencing and poles.

Went to a dumpster and found a nice peice of old fencing about 95' long x about 5 foot high. Needed posts, found an old swingset. We took the swingset posts and drilled holes in them and used some old wire to tie the fencing to it. The posts were beat into the ground with a sledge hammer.

We have 3 sections of bean fencing. Should be a nice crop.

For tomaotoes, we are doing the same thing except using bed frame rails pouded into the ground.

Go curb diving or go to your local landfill if there are not a lot of dumpsters in your area. The bedrails are prolific.

Steph