market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Japanese Knotwood

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Japanese Knotwood
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:33:41 -0400

Two things... I agree roundup is very safe stuff at least for those of us
who use it. Before roundup we used paraquat "very unpleasant stuff". But you
should not use roundup in the greenhouse. Roundup decomposes almost
instantly when it contacts soil but will dry on greenhouse surfaces like
poly coverings,wire and wood benches and groundcovers and remain there until
washed off, if your plants touch these surfaces before its washed off they
will die...
Devrinol is not organic nor even close, I use it on tomatoes and peppers,
its very effective in controlling some types of weeds but it doesn't persist
for more than 4 months... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.