market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Thanks, everyone! Plus, my berry packaging

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Thanks, everyone! Plus, my berry packaging
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 07:27:04 -0400

On Tue, 03 May 2005 16:27:51 -0600, you wrote:

>You buy them in Sams club ,Pat. We originally experimented with them to
>sell starter plants in because that makes a great mini greenhouse, but we
>found that the roots didn't like the clear cup. Sams club will even ship to
>your door. We have to go 120 miles to get to one here-altho it gives a
>great reason to visit the grandkids.
>For the plants we just took a hot nail and put drainage holes in the
>bottom. They'd still be good for mini greenhouses if you keep the bottoms
>covered.

Thanks. I'll take a look next time we're up to Sams.

I didn't know Sams would ship, btw. We're about 55 miles
each way from the nearest one, and the trip is a really
major hassle for us. I'll call and ask about this.

I grow a lot of my larger seedlings in gallon milk jugs, but
they're cloudy, not clear, plus there's more bulk of soil.
The plants seem very happy in the milk jugs. I first cut
off the top so I can plant in them, leaving the handle so I
can pick them up. Then to transplant, I just cut the jug
open with scissors, take out the soil and plant, and toss
the jug.

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and edible
flower seeds for successful container growing.