market-farming - [Market-farming] Weather...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "" <herbthyme AT simcon.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Weather...
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 15:35:28 -0400

Courtney,

How right you are...we just need to say something about the weather while
we are adapting! Where is Middlefield?

Brigette Leach
Avalon Farms Premium Homegrown

Hi Brigette,
Middlefield is in Northeast Ohio. Geauga County to be exact. I am in zone
5, although I wonder about that sometimes! I am 1 hour southeast of
Cleveland and about 45 minutes west of the PA border. It is Amish country
and I just love it! Well, up until they just put a Wally World (Wal Mart)
store in with all the "nice" chain stores to go with it. It is or was a
nice, peaceful little country town and now the greedy, are getting greedier.
Is that a word?! And I know the Amish are not happy as this will bring
traffic from all over into town. They are already talking about moving out
from accidents with their buggies from us "Yankee's" as we are referred to at
times! And I don't blame them. People really lose their minds when having
to drive around buggies and create a lot of havoc! Now that I have rambled
on, thanks for asking where I am!!!

Courtney
Herb Thyme
Middlefield, Oh