market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Growbags

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: pam AT twinoaks.org
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Growbags
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:43:19 -0400

Well, in the UK, Grow Bags are big plastic sacks with potting compost
or growing mix sealed inside. They are used by gardeners without
much good soil. It's a common way of growing greenhouse tomatoes -
set the bags flat on the bench or ground, cut a hole in the top, plant
your starts into the compost mix, add water and stand back.
So possibly I've been overlooking grow bags in catalogs,
thinking they were those huge things. I'll check Peaceful Valley,
thanks!
Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks, Louisa, VA