market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: printers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Karen Sutherland and Roots Farm <rootsfarm AT marpin.dm>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: printers
  • Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 15:31:04 -0400

Hi Karin,

Thanks for the info re Viking having a generic nonrunning ink for the Epsons. I got generic supposedly non-running cartridges from Carrot Ink -- the black ink runs very easily; the colors less so, but the cartridges keep clogging or otherwise requiring one to continually run the cleaning utility which uses up lots of ink.

Best wishes to all,

Karen

*Karen Sutherland **
**Roots Farm**
Organic Produce : Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs*
Cockrane, Dominica
767-449-3038
rootsfarm AT marpin.dm <mailto:rootsfarm AT marpin.dm>

HERBKDR AT aol.com wrote:

I had a C84 until it just died on day. :( I loved it. After numerous calls to Epson (it was only 14 months old) they finally said they would fix it for me. BTW, Epson was really a bugger to deal with when it comes to service. I would switch back to my HP in a heart beat but they don't have waterproof ink. I needed a printer ASAP so I broke down and purchased a C86 because the C84 is no longer around...I didn't like it. The ink is a totally different color, it sucked the ink..but it is quieter and faster. I can also print card stock with no problems. I had to load each sheet with the C84. Anyway, I still couldn't wait to get my old guy back again. Then the UPS truck arrives and I have a brand new printer...a C86! They couldn't fix the C84. So now I have a backup printer. :) I have learned how to adjust the colors to my liking and the ink "sucking" has gotten better after the first cartridge. I purchase my cartridges from Viking and the colored ones run $12.49 each. The black is $26.99. It is not a double cartridge like the C84. All in all I am pleased. It's well worth the price to have labels that don't run!
Karin
Herb'n Renewal
www.herbnrenewal.com