market-farming - [Market-farming] Garden Way carts, was wheelbarrows for women

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Betsy Knutson" <betsy AT gobigwest.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Garden Way carts, was wheelbarrows for women
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:00:59 -0700

I recently found a Garden Way style cart on eBay, we have not put it
together yet, but it looks like the real deal and was a quite a bit cheaper.
I had the smaller Garden Way cart years ago and once in about 15 years had
to replace part of the wood panels in it. (We never treated it with water
repellent and it got left out, a lot.) Not too bad all things considered. I
wish I still had it, but for once it was put away in the barn when the
neighbor kids started a fire and burned the barn down. My mother has one of
the larger ones that was purchased I think more than 25 years ago and has
hauled tons of stuff all over the family farm.

B3

aka

Betsy (betsy AT gobigwest.com)

Southern Idaho, USDA Zone 5

This isn't Burger King! You can't have it your way!