market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Effective microorganisms, wheelbarrows for women

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Effective microorganisms, wheelbarrows for women
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:13:44 -0500

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:44:17 -0600, you wrote:

>At 5'5" I would consider myself "average" but I find that they are wobbly
>and difficult to control. The ergonomics just don't seem to work for me. My
>husband thinks they are just great. Is there a better alternative more
>suited to our frames?

I'm 5'4".

I don't have one now, but when I had a 'Garden Way' cart, I
found it very easy to handle.

I loved it - it was so well-balanced that it *never* seemed
heavy to push or pull, not even when it had a heavy load.

http://www.cartsvermont.com/pages/541/Garden_Carts.htm

Carts Vermont is a different outfit (Garden Way itself no
longer exists), but they make pretty much the same thing, I
think. They are expensive, as you can see. I've seen
cheaper versions elsewhere but I don't if the cheaper ones
are very well made.

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit and edible
flower seeds for successful container growing.