market-farming - [Market-farming] Blackberry Storage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Blackberry Storage
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 06:29:37 -0600

I put in 200 blackberry plants this year and should have a small harvest
this year. For now, they'll only be sold at the Farmers' Market. Since the
berries need to be picked almost everyday and the market is only twice a
week, I need to know how to store them between market days? Any experienced
berry people in this group?

Thanks
(West Texas) Mark