market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] strawberry flavor

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] strawberry flavor
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:55:12 -0600

And, I propose, soils are a large component. The minerals in the soils can
make a difference in other foods, why not strawberries. I know that
Kennebec, one of our favorite potatoes, tastes totally different when grown
at my parents' place. We have a loamy soil, they have a heavy red clay
(only 20 miles away). We much prefer the potatoes grown in our soil (and
they most likely prefer theirs!)

Alison