market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Note to Phil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Note to Phil
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:43:05 EST

In a message dated 2/11/05 11:34:29 AM Central Standard Time, crublee AT libby.org writes:

all the other big markets are fulll

I manage a market that is closed.   When you are out of space and have all the vendors that the market attendence can handle you tend to try to limit the amount of produce that is being sold in a particular market.

One of the bigger markets that I would like to get into has a Saturday Morning traffic of around 10,000 people, they have 235 vendors for this market every week.  They have no more space for more vendors in this market.  The only way you get in is when someone quite's , which hasen't happened in a number of years, so you get on the list every year and work your way through the waiting list.

The market is managed by a very large management firm from Chicago , Detroit, and Denver.  I really see no one here really carring, all they are doing is selling spaces.

Where are you from?