market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Value added products

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Value added products
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:39:53 -0700

Remote west central NM at 7,000 elevation, under 10" rainfall. Even
ranching is marginal. There's a lot of tradition. You can't con the locals
here. They know if you've got something worthwhile, otherwise you're a
tourist. I talk with Nick Baca whose father was born here, grandfather
settled in 1870 back when it was sheep country and the climate was wetter.
The county seat, Reserve, was the home of the Sagebrush Rebellion. Once
when the feds showed up to interfere in a County Commissioner's meeting,
the sheriff threatened to jail them and they never came back.

I think we can agree that in our marketing one size fits all is a recipe
for frustration.

paul tradingpost AT gilanet.com
http://largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net