market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Two Questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Two Questions
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:42:00 -0500

>Hi-my name is Brooke--from Kansas. I am a fairly novice gardener who just
>last year did my first Farmer's Market. I mainly took herbs and herbal
>products; soaps, eye masks, bath things, the usual herbal creations. This
>year I plan to add in a few vegetables and edible flowers along with the
>herbs...my question is how to go about getting pricing for my wares so that
>I might add clients this year. I have tried to get help through our county
>extension office, the dept of agriculture and several other places I can't
>recall off the top of my head, and so far haven't been able to find the
>elusive price list. Is there a secret that I don't know about? Also if
>anyone has any good book recommendations on how to get started in this
>business, I'd love to hear what they are!

NewFarm carries a table of (organic) pricing at farmers
markets across the country - I believe it is updated weekly.

http://newfarm.org/opx/

It may be of some use to you, although I think it would be
more useful to see what other people at your market are
charging for the same or similar products.

Pat

--
NOW OPEN! ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful