market-farming - [Market-farming] More Pictures + CSA Stuff

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cheselka AT theriver.com" <cheselka AT theriver.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] More Pictures + CSA Stuff
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:44:50 -0500

Here's another page out of my quest to make myself into a full-time farmer.
I put the plastic on my hoophouse/greenhouse this morning. All my myself,
too!!!

Comments, suggestions, criticisms, observations, etc, are welcome.

http://personal.riverusers.com/~cheselka/cosmic_lettuce/tg_20dec04.html

As an aside, I've decided to add a "CSA-style" subscription veggie delivery
service this year, with my first deliveries starting in March 2005. I've
done quite a bit of research on CSA's, so I don't have any specific
questions. That said, if anyone would like to share their wisdom and
experience, I'd be glad to hear it. Since I have no idea what to expect,
I'd especially like to hear about what kind of response you get from
marketing your CSA. I'm going to be distributing 500-1000 flyers (within a
town who's population is about 4000) annoucing and marketing my "Vegetable
Delivery" service, and I'd be interested in knowing what kind of response I
should look forward to getting (1% response, 10% response, 100% reponse??).
My plans are to grow enough to deliver up to 50 boxes a week with 20-25 lbs
in each box, but of course if I get more than 50 responses I'll need to
grow more.

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce

http://mail2web.com/ .