market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:18:53 -0600

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 08:20:17AM -0600, Marty Kraft wrote:
> John at Kansas City Community Gardens says that you can plant on the winter
> solstice and harvest on the summer solctice. I was still going to plant some
> but I need a source from which to buy.

As of early December, Tesch (www.garlicseed.com) in California still
had (at least) "California Early". He handled my first order very
smoothly, but didn't get my second order.

I planted garlic for the first time and will later be looking to advice
on how to deal with it.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Good Health: the slowest way to die