market-farming - [Market-farming] Fall Spinach

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Fall Spinach
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:54:49 -0400

We had great germination with the spinach we seeded in mid-August. And some of it is growing like gangbusters! But, A lot of it is small and yellow (chlorosis), also. And I'm seeing yellow leaves appearing on the good stuff. My ph is around 6.5 and I've got good fertility in the beds. I don't know about boron or iron or ? I'm wondering if the 80 degree days last week and the previous weeks is enough to account for the yellowing plants. And...

I'm wondering if they will recover (I would think so...but...), or do I need to think about spading them up and starting over?

I'm in the Mid-Atlantic, Eastern Panhandle of WV

-Allan Balliett