market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market Money Stolen

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kathy Somers" <somersfarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market Money Stolen
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:30:44 -0400

Julie,
We have a farm Stand at the end of our driveway.  Only a few hundred feet from our home and farm.  We were robbed at least 3 times this spring.  Lost way over a $100.00.  The past few years we have been robbed several times.  For the most part we are always tending the cash box, but on occasion we may leave for a 5 min. break.

We now have a box, bolted to the shelf and locked at all times and we wear a key around our neck.  When we can't be at the stand we have to be on the honor system with a box with a slot.  We are in a very Rural area.  Seems sad people will go to such extremes.  I have often thought that if they knew the work that went into growing veggies they may think twice.

Kathy in Vermont