market-farming - [Market-farming] Market Money Stolen

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Cooncreekfarm" <cooncreekfarm AT discover-net.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Market Money Stolen
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:49:08 -0600

Greetings list -
Mostly we are lurkers but at this point do have something to contribute so hopefully what happened to us can be prevented from happening to others.
On Labor Day weekend Sunday, we attended a Locally Grown Foods event.  We had the tupperware cash box that we usually carry to Farmer's Market.  It had a wad of bills that we use to make change plus our cash and checks from that day in it.  When we got home Sunday night, we put together a wad of bills and checks for the bank deposit on Tuesday morning.  On Monday, our family was gone from 4:00-5:00 pm.  That evening, we discovered all our bills and the deposits missing from our home.  We called the sheriff and made a report.  We think it was possibly someone who saw us at the event with cash, took our business card and came to our home.  Perhaps it was a coincedience but I don't think so.  Anyway, please let this serve as a warning to all of us who deal in cash at markets.  One of the things we now have is a key to our banks night depository so we can drop our cash/checks off there before going home after market.  We will also lock our doors ;(.
It is our hope and prayer that we can prevent something like this from happening to others.  All the best!
Julie

Message sent using DiscoverNet Webmail 2.7.2