market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] organic late blight control?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] organic late blight control?
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:40:59 -0400

You have the right kind of boom, you need to increase your pressure to at least 100 psi at the boom. I use a piston pump at the pto and get excellent pressure..Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

"C. DeBerry" wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the great discussions lately!  I'm learning a great deal! Anyone know of an organic way to prevent and/or control late blight in tomatoes?  We've been spraying StorOx and/or Oxidate (hydrogen dioxide used to oxidize the spores) with little success.  It didn't keep it from spreading, and slowed the emergence just a little in one field.  Maybe we're just not getting the spray coverage we need, but we're really putting it on according to the directions.  We even customized our spray boom to be in an upside down "V" shape, one side longer, to cover the side of the plants and over the top.  We then go down both sides with it. Thank you for your help! Cheryl DeBerryDeBerry Farmwww.DeBerryFarm.com