market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] New Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cheselka AT theriver.com" <cheselka AT theriver.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] New Market
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:28:56 -0400

Thanks for the great words of encouragement, Sora. I think your point
about looking and being professional and polished is the key. If potential
vendors come and see a mess (a poorly kept vendor area, signs that look
like 3 year olds made them, etc.), they'll be immediately turned off.
That's why for one thing we're doing things like spending a LOT of money on
some nice signs to put out on the road, as well as a big 2ft by 6ft sign
for the entrance to the market. Simple, but nifty. If vendors (veggie
growers) see that this is being taken seriously, and that we're putting out
money where our mouth is, we'll be ok.

There's no doubt in my mind that people (customers) will flock to the
market -- especially once it's up and running for a few weeks and they see
it ain't goin' anywhere. Now the "trick" will be to make sure I'm growin'
enough! Argh!!!

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce

http://mail2web.com/ .

  • [Market-farming] New Market, sora, 09/02/2004
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: [Market-farming] New Market, cheselka AT theriver.com, 09/02/2004