market-farming - [Market-farming] New Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] New Market
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:37:20 -0700 (PDT)

> > It's kind of late in the season. My guess would be that
> vendors are probably thinking 'It's not worth bothering with
> this year, but I'll investigate it next year.' So maybe
> you'll do much better next year.
> Matt--weren't you in the SouthWest? I would think you'd be just going
into your prime growing season? Don't worry about few vendors...we
started the same way. There were just 3 of us. Our tactic was to do it
as well and professional as possible and the rest would come. And
indeed it does.
In just a few short years we've grown from 3 to an average of 30. We now
stage music and community events and have become a moving force in the
local economy....Don't be afraid....build it....they will come...
Sora at Paradise Valley Organics