market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Organic fly and pest control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "diane kunkel" <thekunkelhouse AT peoplepc.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Organic fly and pest control
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 06:16:56 -0700

More on controlling flies. We are in Wa state and have had great luck using
"filth flies" to control flies around here from three pigs and chickens. A
locally owned business called Integrated Fertility Management
(Wenatcheee,WA) orders these thru the mail for us on a schedule. The tiny
pupae (sp??) arrive in the mail in a small paper bag. As soon as they hatch
we spread them on the soil where they supposedly eat the manure fly larvae.
This along with sprinkling diatomaceous earth on a regular basis has made a
big difference. Diane