market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Pricing Squash blossooms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elaine Granata" <ecgranat AT ouray.cudenver.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Pricing Squash blossooms
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 10:10:23 -0600

Bob and all: The first year I sold them at market for 6 for a dollar, then
went to 5 for a dollar the next year -- always sold out. My upscale market
bought them for 3 for a dollar and my chef offered that he'd pay $.50 a
bloom-- It's all over the place!

I found a web site once (which I can't find again) that showed them at .40
each for San Francisco chefs.

Elaine